100% Natural Pomegranate Powder
Available in in a hefty 1/2 pound bag 227 g / 8 Oz
Ingredients: Pomegranate Juice Powder, Maltodextrin
What It Is
Premium Pomegranate Juice powder made from fresh pomegranate juice, spray dried for a few seconds and Gluten Free.
Known as Punica Granatum, they are grown all over the world but is native is China, other parts of Asia, and the Mediterranean.
Pomegranates are often mentioned in Greek mythology and in Homer’s “Odyssey”. They grow on a deciduous shrub about 15′ (feet) tall.
Benefits (and there are many)
Our pomegranate powder is made from fresh pomegranate juice (made from fresh Pomegranates) and is a pure juice product with no other ingredients or fillers*.
Pomegranates are known for their health benefits and antioxidant content, in particular, ellagitannins (naturally occurring polyphenols).
While there is still much to be learned about Pomegranates’ health benefits, studies suggest that Pomegranates are believed to be good for:
- Help protect cells against damage (such as free radicals)
- Improve circulation
- A therapeutic compound to reduce the chances of Diabetes or other metabolic disease
It is considered to be a Super Fruit because:
- Pomegranates are high in Dietary Minerals
- High in polyphenols called punicalagins (ellagitannins) and anthocyanins (red pigments)
- Since most of the antoxidants exist in the seed, our juice powder consists of the entire fruit, including the seeds, delivering all that nutritional goodness to you.
- More ellagitannins than any other commonly consumed fruit juice
- During digestion, the body breaks down the ellagitannins into ellagic acid, which is a POWERFUL antioxidant
- More Magnesium than blueberries or Litchi
- More Potassium than Persimmon, Litchi, or Blueberries
- More calcium than Acai
- More phosphorous than Mangosteen and Blueberries
- More zinc than Mangosteen, Guava, or Blueberries
- More Vitamin B6 than Mangosteen
History & Ancient Uses
The History of Pomegranate makes this fruit incredibly alluring and mythical. It is said to be one of the oldest fruits known to man, which explains why it’s appeared in ancient texts and drawing from all over the world since 3500 BC.
Scholars believe than the Pomegranate originated in the Middle East at first, then brought to Egypt from Syria. It because an important food source and medicine – the Egyptians used them to treat intestinal worms.
It became so revered in Egyptian culture that they were painted on tombs to symbolize the afterlife.
Pomegranates are widely depicted in Greek mythology, the most famous is the story of Hades and Persephone, who was tempted into the underworld by eating a pomegranate. Demeter, Persephone’s mother, vowed to never allow the Earth to bear fruit for as long as her daughter remained in the underworld, so Hades compromised and allowed Persephone to return from the Underworld two thirds out of the year. Her return is marked by Spring, and her months in the underworld is known as winter.
You can use this powder in:
- naturally flavoring and sweetening your yogurt without using cane sugar
- making your own blended smoothies blueberries and bananas
- Super fruit Pomegranate reconstituted juice
- Pomegranate sorbet
- pomegranate vinaigrette dressing