No Bake PB Browine Bars (minimalistbaker.com)
Photo courtesy of Minimalist Baker: http://minimalistbaker.com/2-layer-no-bake-peanut-butter-brownie-bars/
This mouth watering recipe made so easy by the Minimalist Baker with raw cacao powder.
- Brownie Layer
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- ~ 1 cup dates, pitted (Medjool or Deglet Nour)
- 1/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan)
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsps unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts (if unsalted, add salt to taste)
- 1/2 cup natural salted peanut butter (if unsalted, add salt to taste)
- To make the brownie layer, pulse dates in the food processor until small bits remain. Remove from processor and set aside in a small bowl. Add walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips and cocoa powder in the processor and pulse until well combined. Then, while the processor is running, drop small bits of the dates in until a dough is formed. It should begin to ball up at some point. If it remains too dry, add a couple more whole (pitted) dates until a dough is achieved.
- Press into an 8×8 pan (or one of similar size) lined with parchment or plastic wrap. This makes it easier to lift out and cut.
- Press until flat using your hands or a spatula. Pop in the freezer.
- To make peanut butter layer, process dates until small bits remain. Remove and set aside in a bowl. Then add raw almonds and peanuts and pulse until small bits remain. Add back in peanut butter and the dates and process until well combined. Press on top of brownie layer until smooth. Using plastic wrap or parchment can help get it completely flat.
- Freeze for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan and cutting. Cut into about 20 squares (I cut mine too big and would prefer smaller bites). Store in an airtight container to keep fresh. I keep mine in the freezer so they stay fresh for weeks.
Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 204 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 17 g Sugar: 10 g Sodium: 80 mgFiber: 3.5 g Protein: 6.8 g
nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 bar